Thursday 8 May 2014

Easter Holidays Traveling #1

Hello everybody!

I'm back with another blog post and this one is a bit different to my usual ramblings!  If you follow me on instagram or twitter you might have seen some updates and photos (btw: follow me on both if you fancy :D) on what I did during my easter holidays. But I actually don't know if I've mentioned it on my blog before, anyways - I've spent most of my Easter holiday traveling.

You might not know but I'm originally from a village near Vienna in Austria and that I'm currently living and working as an au pair in the UK. And since it was the Easter holiday last month and I was off work, my dad came to visit me here and we did a little road trip across the south of England!

I picked my dad up from Heathrow airport, we got into our rental car and drove off to our first stop: Brighton!

Unfortunately we weren't blessed with great weather and it was raining for most of the time! So not the best conditions for taking photos :(

After checking in in our hotel (which was in The Hove) we decided to walk down to the famous Brighton Pier. When we were walking past the colourful beach huts, I couldn't believe my eyes: were Zoe, Tanya and Jim, some of my youtubers, actually just walking by?! I turned around and couldn't think clearly and was actually too nervous to walk up and talk to them and maybe ask for a picture. I didn't want to disturb them, but now I really regret not walking up to them, as I'm pretty sure they would have been lovely and have taken their time to talk for a bit. Oh well, you always meet somebody twice in your life! That's a german saying and I really do hope so :) Also my dad say I was totally fangirling, but what can you do haha ;)










 One thing I had to tick off of my To-Do-list was eat proper fish and chips by the seaside! 



The next day we headed towards the Royal Pavilion and when we walked past Jamie Oliver's Cafe & Cookery School, these cute, coloruful little meringues caught our eyes! We went in and enjoyed our treats alongside a pot of tea and a green juice, which was actually reeeeally nice. This coming from a person who doesn't really "do healthy" that's a compliment haha I might try and recreate this at home!


Since the Brigthon Marathon was on this day, we literally were the two only people visiting the Royal Pavilion! It was really nice so explore it by ourselves and take in the overwhelming decorations, the gold, the glitz and the glam. Unfortunately you're not allowed to take pictures inside but I can tell you it looks great. If you ever get the chance to visit the Royal Pavilion you definitely should!



Afterwards we had to find our way to the sea through the marathon area - everything was fenced in and you couldn't really cross any streets. But we finally made it and wandered along the beach. And we also watched the marathon contestants for a little while. They all have my full respect for running and completing a marathon as I was already really exhausted after two days of walking around Brighton haha



These are just some of my Brighton pictures. I went a bit crazy with taking photos of the seagull but decided not to put too many in this post haha I really hope you enjoyed reading this post and looking at the photos I took.


I enjoyed the two days we spent in Brighton, apart from the weather. There's probably lots more to do there and I'd love to get recommendations form you guys for maybe another trip there!?

Please let me know if you liked this post and if you would like to see me blog about the other cities we visited soon! Because I do have lots more pictures that I want to share with you!

Have a lovely day,

xx Ann-Kathrin

7 comments:

  1. Oh my God, I love Brighton! I actually talked about it yesterday, said how much I wanted to go again. :)

    http://thefashionbreezeblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I think I would have enjoyed it even more with nicer weather :)
      xx Ann-Kathrin

      Delete
  2. lovely post! i've never been to brighton, but i really wanna go

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! You should definitely visit if you get the chance :)
      xx Ann-Kathrin

      Delete
  3. thanks so much lovely :)
    xx Ann-Kathrin

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely shots! so nice, hope you had a nice holiday

    x Maria
    New outfit up on my blog
    featuring the perfect high waist shorts
    www.retrostreetstation.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks it means a lot :) yes I did!
      xx Ann-Kathrin

      Delete