Thursday 27 February 2014

February Favourites

Hello everybody!

Today's blog post is about my february favourites as you've already guessed from the title ;) so let's get right into it!


A lifesaver for my lips this month has been my "Vaseline Lip Therapy" in the Aloe Vera flavour. It's always in my handbag and whenever if feel my lips are drying out I just pop it on! Afterwards my lips feel moisturized and better (and so do I haha). I picked mine up at Primark for £1,20 but you can get it in pretty much any store that sells beauty products.

My second favourite this month has to be my ASTOR lipstick in "003 cheeky" from the "Heidi Klum Color Last VIP Collection". I've been wearing it pretty much every single day! I think it's the perfect spring lipstick for me. A review on this one and another lipstick of the collection is coming soon - so watch out for it :)




The "Br-wow" Eyebrow kit from "Along Came Betty" has been a favourite of mine as well. I did a whole blog post on it which you can read here - nothing more to add to this!

I received the Christina Aguilera perfume "Unforgettable" as an early birthday present form my father (I cheekily opened my parents birthday presents already - even though my birthday is at the beginning of march! Shh please don't tell on me! haha).

I always was a big fan of Christinas perfumes and I'm so happy that my dad remembered it and got me the latest one of her collection! And I'm in love - it smells so delicious. I researched the scents (because I'm rubbish at describing them myself!) and apparently there are top notes of plum and pomegranate, the heart notes are night blooming jasmine and turkish rose, and the base notes contain cashmere, vanilla and tonka absolute.

I also love the packaging! So cute and matching this romantic perfume!



My two non-beauty related favourites this month are two books I reeeally enjoyed reading!

The first one is "Paper Towns" by John Green. I loved "Looking For Alaska" and "The Fault In Our Stars" so of course I had to read other books by John Green. He is one of my favourite writers and I wasn't disappointed with this book! I couldn't put it away and was so curious what was going to happen!

Here's a quick description: It is about a boy called Quentin "Q" Jacobson who is searching for his neighbour Margo Roth Spiegelman, who disappeared after an all-night road trip with Q. Margo left clues and Q is determined to find her - no matter how tricky it will be!

You'll have to read it to find out if he can find her .. ;)


The other book is called "Allegiant" and it's the third and final book of Veronica Roths "Divergent"-trilogy. I LOVED the first two books and was soo excited when I finally bought the last book because I wanted to find out what is happening in the world of Tris and Four/Tobias. Even though I read a spoiler before I finished it (shame on me for looking at fan-photos on Instagram!) I really enjoyed reading it - the only thing I didn't enjoy was finishing the book and also finishing the trilogy! I want this story to go on and on … - do you get me? haha

A description to this is a bit trickier because it's the last book of a series and you need to start from the beginning - so why don't you check it out yourself? I promise you won't regret it! If you enjoyed "The Hunger Games"-trilogy than you will love this one as well! Also the first film is coming out soon - which I'm soo excited about!


What are some of your favourites this month? And would you enjoy book reviews on my blog every now and again? Please let me know!

xx Ann-Kathrin


btw: if you're wondering: YES I've been listening to old Christina Aguilera songs while writing this post! haha still so good! :)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ann! I nominated you for the Liebster Award! I've know you done it before. But I really like you're blog and wanted to inform you. If you're still interested, you can check out the questions on my blog.

    Sending much love,

    Ely

    http://officiallyely.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much Ely! I'll definitely check it out! :)
      Have a lovely day!
      xx Ann-Kathrin

      Delete